- Abstracts for Oral presentations and posters are to be submitted online through the conference website.
- The number of papers to be accommodated is limited. You can indicate your preference during submission. But some abstract requests for Oral presentations will be shifted to the poster section.
- It is mandatory that the delegate is registered for the conference.
- The cut-off date will be August 31, 2018 before 2300Hrs. No abstracts will be considered after this deadline.
- All abstracts are peer reviewed, and the scientific committee reserves the right to assign it as oral or poster presentation. The abstract therefore should not be casually written and due care should be taken to ensure its contents. No correspondence regarding a change in the presentation shall be entertained Accepted abstracts will be listed on the conference web-site by 25th September.
- The abstract is restricted to a maximum of 250 words. It should include: Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions, and Key words.
Guidelines for Posters
Poster size: Please note that the size of the poster is 3 feet width and 4 feet height.
- Top of the poster should indicate Title, Author(s) and Institution(s).
- Presenting author's name should be underlined.
- Poster presentation should include following titles- Background, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusions. For Case Report(s), it should include Background, Case History and Conclusion.
- The material should be well labeled and legible from a distance of up to 2.5 meters. Avoid use of fancy fonts.
- The text, tables and graphics should look integrated.
- Gross and photomicrographs should have good contrast and sharp focus. All photos should have legends.
- References should be written at the bottom in smaller font size.
Dr. V Govindan Nair, Dr. P. S. Ranganathan and Rabindranath Dutta Memorial Awards :
Rules and Regulations
- For Dr. V Govindan Nair Memorial Award, the candidate's age should below 35 years and no age limit for Dr. P.S Ranganathan and Rabindranath Dutta Memorial Awards.
- Rabindranath Dutta Memorial Award is exclusively for Post-Graduate students.
- The candidate should be actively involved in the field of sexully transmitted diseases/HIV/AIDS.
- The candidate should be delegate of the conference and a member of the association.
- The candidate can present only one of the award papers.
- The candidate should submit the abstract before 31st July 2018.
- Only seven minutes will be allotted to each candidate to present the paper.
- Questions can be asked only by the judges.
The Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals with certificates will be awarded to the first, second and third prize winners by IASSTD & AIDS.
IUSTI-IASSTD & AIDS Scholarship:
Three papers will be selected and the scholarship amount is 20,000/- for each paper. All the award papers will be considered for the scholarship selection. Presenter has to mention with the abstract form his/her willingness to be considered for the scholarship. If no paper meets the required standard, scholarships will not be awarded for that year. Oral presentation is must. No proxy will be allowed.
Exclusion Criteria for IUSTI-IASSTD & AIDS Scholarship :
- Office bearers of IAASTD & AIDS.
- Conference Committee Members of that year.
- A person who has already receive this scholarship.
Dr. C. N. Sowmini Poster Prize:
Best three posters for cash prize of Rs. 3000/-, Rs. 2000/- and Rs. 1000/- with certificates by IASSTD and AIDS. E Poster submission should be as a single page pdf of portrait orientation, 1024 x 768 resolution and aspect ratio 16:9. The maximum size of file should not exceed 2MB.
Dr. H. C. Mohanty Quiz for PGs:
The three winner teams will get cash award of Rs 3000/-, Rs 2000/- and Rs 1000/- with certificates by IASSTD and AIDS.